In my area (in California) we will be under stay-at-home orders starting Monday to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We had this before in March, and we called it shelter-in-place (even though it's not really as serious as shelter-in-place).
How will the stay-at-home orders affect us?
- We are supposed to stay at home unless it's necessary (for an important reason).
- We will not be allowed to gather with people outside of our household (we can't meet with anyone we don't live with).
- We can worship (go to church, etc) or protest as long as it is outdoors.
- Students can continue going to school if their school is open.
- Stores, like grocery stores, will be open at 20% of capacity (only 20% of the people the store can fit).
- Children's playgrounds will be closed.
- Restaurants will be closed for indoor and outdoor dining. We can order takeout.
- We can still go out for a walk to exercise or walk a dog.
- Barbershops and hair salons will be closed. Museums and zoos will be closed. Movie theaters will be closed. Bars will be closed.
- I'm not sure, but I think you can go to your job if you have a job you can't do from home. You can go to the hospital. You can go shopping, or other things I mentioned above.