Hello! How are you?
Today I’d like to share with you this technique on how to relax and refresh easily, in only 10 minutes.
- You may choose to play some relaxing mellow music or binaural beats in the background or you may choose to meditate in a quiet environment. Just make sure there is no direct light shining onto you and preferably turn off the light and lower the shades. If you share a house with someone, ask them to be quiet during this time.
- Next, sit comfortably, on a chair, bed, floor, or anywhere else where you can feel at ease. Make sure that your back is upright. You may choose to cross your legs in a lotus position or simply relax them and let them hang down from your bed or chair.
- Close your eyes and take 4 deep breaths. Breathe slowly and count: inhale to the count of 4, hold the breath for the count of 2 and exhale to the count of 5. Repeat four times. Take your time, don’t rush, count slowly. After four long and deep breaths, continue to breathe naturally, easily and comfortably as you focus on relaxing deeper and deeper.
- Now, focus on relaxing the body: one body part at a time. Relax you head and facial muscles, drop your shoulders and focus on relaxing the neck, upper back, shoulders and chest. Breathe and let the relaxation go down into your arms and also your lower back and stomach areas. Finally, relax your hips, thighs, shins, ankles and feet.
- Take a deep breath and as you exhale clear your mind.
- At this point you have calmed down and your body is relaxed. Now, you may imagine a beautiful, cleansing, white light, starting to rise from the center of the earth towards you and go into your feet. You should fill your body with this white light, from the bottom of your feet, all the way to the top of your head. Let the light in and let it move through you freely. At the same time, you should imagine all the negative things in your body and soul as gray or black matter: pain, stiffness, disease, lack of concentration, negative emotions, tiredness, etc. As you let the white light in, it collects all of that dark matter. This way, by the time the light fills your body and reaches your head, it’s become gray. Then, you may let the gray light out of your body through the top of your head, through your crown chakra. Let it all out and continue taking in that beautiful white light through your feet. Once all the dark matter has exited your body and there is only white light left inside, you have completed the exercise.
- Now you may focus on your breath again, take two deep breaths and focus on coming back to the full awake state. You may roll your neck and shoulders, circle your wrists and ankles to wake up the body, open your eyes, and feel refreshed.
This concludes our exercise.