My name is Severine, you can call me Sema.
After 18 months in Japan, I am now back in England; and before Japan, I've had the chance to see many places around the world.
I grew up in France, then I lived in England and Spain, and also travelled the world for a year.
I love travelling! It's great to meet people, learn languages, and discover different cultures.
In Japan, I was teaching English and French in language schools. Now I'd love to continue and Cafetalk is a great place to teach.
How do you want to learn?
Learning a new language is like taking a journey. You have to choose a route your will enjoy. Decide what works for you.
There are different parts in learning a new language, and you can decide what you want to focus on.
- Building vocabulary and everyday expressions: a great way to learn something you'll be able to use immediately.
- Learn the grammar: to understand the structure of phrases, choose the right form, and fix little details.
- Practice pronunciation: make yourself understood and avoid frustration.
- Build your confidence to have a natural conversation: let's have a regular conversation on an everyday topic. While talking, we'll work on little improvements and new vocabulary.
- Have more in-depth and focused discussions and learn to give your opinion: frustrated of not being able to give your opinion? Then this is what you need. I'll be the devil's advocate and we'll learn how to build arguments.
- Prepare for a presentation, a conference, a meeting: build you confidence, practice pronunciation, and be ready for questions from your audience.
The key to success is talk, talk, talk!
A language is about communicating, so let's do that!
Many of mylessons can be adapted to your needs.
If you're not sure, let's look at it together during our introduction lesson. That's 15 minutes to get to know each other and decide what to do next.
I look forward to meeting you!