Q: What are you most careful of when you teach your students?more→
Laura Baker's Tutor Profile
Feedback for this tutor
Lesson requests can be made after Jun 3, 2019 13:00.
**Notice: I will be out of the office from May 18 - June 1. I will get back to you about your requests and messages when I return. See you online then! **
Hello! I am Laura from the United States.
A little about me:
- I began teaching English in 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan.
- I have more than eleven years of experience teaching adult conversation classes, Business English, and kindergarten English immersion classes.
- I love to travel and have lived more than nine years abroad in France, Germany, Taiwan and Brazil.
- I am passionate about learning languages. In my free time, I study Mandarin Chinese, French, Portuguese and German.
A little about our class:
- Classes are built around your language goals.
- We talk about topics you want to talk about.
- You do most of the talking!
- Mistakes are okay! They are part of the process, and show that you are trying something new.
- Classes are fun and interesting!
Thank you for looking at my profile. I look forward to meeting you!
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 1hours before lesson start time.→ 100% of price charged.
• Between 1-24hours before lesson start time.→ 50% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
Feedback from students (84)
***iko久しぶりにローラ先生のレッスンを受けましたが、やはりいい先生だなと実感しました。サインアップした時のメッセージもレッスン後のフィードバックも丁寧で、予習復習に役立ちます。レッスンでもこちらの言いたいことをよく汲み取ってくれて、楽しく話ができました。25 Minute Video Discussion Class 25 1,500May 17, 2019
***vie.990922Hi Laura, Thank you for your patience in every class, the class notes, suggestions, and coupon. I am sorry for being late to get on-line yesterday. And I am look forward to see you again. Sylvie25 Minute Conversation Class 25 1,300Jan 24, 2019
***a8177老師待人親切也很專業!謝謝老師!20 Minute Free Talk 20 1,000Jan 11, 2019
***l.liu0826親切的講師, 有問題會很細心地解說, 獲益匪淺!25 Minute Conversation Class 25 1,300Jul 27, 2018
Within 1 day
|Last Login: 6 days ago|
View: 1386 | Apr 19, 2017
Why not to trust Google Translate...
Google Translate and other translation softwares are very useful these days, but it is important to...
View: 1223 | Apr 1, 2017
Happy April Fool's Day!
April 1st is always the day when friends and family play pranks (or jokes) on each other. Be carefu...
View: 1241 | Mar 30, 2017 | 3
Time flies when you are having fun!
Cafetalk just informed me that I have already taught 500 lessons! Time really flies, doesn't it?! ...
View: 1331 | Feb 23, 2017
Don't be afraid to make mistakes!
Making mistakes is how we learn. Don't be afraid to make them in a second language (or in life)!...
View: 1364 | Feb 8, 2017
Practice makes better!
Don't be shy about speaking English (or any language)! Sign up for a class with a native speaker o...
View: 780 | Jan 17, 2017 | 2
Listen to the Radio from Anywhere!
This is a great website for any language learners out there, and not just English learners! This w...
View: 808 | Jan 14, 2017
New Year’s Resolutions Can Be Tough
It was only two weeks ago that we rang in the New Year and made our New Year’s resolutions....
View: 772 | Nov 22, 2016
Being Grateful for Thanksgiving
With Thanksgiving coming up this Thursday, I've been thinking about the things I am grateful for. O...
View: 786 | Oct 13, 2016
Foliage Season Drone
It's fall foliage season, or leaf peeping season, in Vermont in the USA. That means the leaves are ...
View: 999 | May 20, 2016
Does English Sound Like This?
Don't let English sound like this to you! Sign up for a class with me and let's practice you...
View: 1113 | May 13, 2016
Friday the 13th
In many western cultures, there is a superstitious belief that the number 13 is unlucky. It is so u...
View: 1107 | May 5, 2016
Be Put on the Spot
English has a lot of idioms. What's your favorite?