I have been looking for a healthy snack bar for a long time, and haven't found the right one. The store bought ones are loaded with artificial sugar (which is as bad for you as sugar), addictives and other chemicals. I found a recipe online and wish to share with everyone.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups almond four
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- ½ cup peanut butter or any other “nut-butter”
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup skim milk
- Put oats, almond flour, and flax seed in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, mixin the other ingredients (nut butter, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, skim milk). Warm until everything is melted and mixed well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry bowl. Mix all ingredients until a thick pasty mix has formed.
- Transfer mix into a 9×9 pan. Cover with saran wrap and press down to spread uniformly.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
- With a biscuit cutter or upside down glass, cut into circular “bars.”
- Store up to 5 days in fridge or 1 month in freezer.
Adapted from Super Glue Mom