Hi, I'm Kris! :) I love to hike, bake, drink coffee, sing karaoke, study Spanish, and teach English! I am a friendly, energetic, and professionally-licensed English Language Instructor with 10+ years of teaching experience for all ages and levels. I have a Master's Degree (M.Ed.) in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). I am currently teaching private English lessons online and in-person in the state of Washington.
Here I am! Enjoying coffee, vibrant tulip fields, and snowy mountains in the state of Washington... The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is a Tulip Festival in the Skagit Valley of Washington state. It is held annually in the spring, usually from April 1st to April 30th. It reminded me so much of the beautiful 花見 in Tokyo!
- From January 2017 to May 2018, I was an English Conversation School (英会話) Instructor in Chiba City, Japan.
- I am applying to Ph.D. programs in Linguistics around the country. I hope to start my doctoral degree program in the fall of 2020!
- I love Harry Potter, Rilakkuma, Disney, and Starbucks. ♡ I also love to bake! I am currently learning how to make French-style macaroons.
- I love to go hiking! I am very lucky to live in an area that is full of beautiful mountains and hiking trails.
- I have been studying Spanish for ~18 years. :)
- In college, I studied abroad in two different countries!
I studied in Argentina for 5 weeks (Buenos Aires, Calafate, and Ushuaia) and Peru for 6 weeks (Lima and Cusco).
- I worked in the Basque region of Spain for 6 weeks: Pamplona, San Sebastián, and Barcelona.
- My most recent vacation was to Maui, Hawaii! In November, I went to the top of the dormant (sleeping) volcano, Haleakalā, to watch the sunrise. You can see it here, over the crater of the volcano!
Studying a language is hard!! Let's have fun while we learn! :)
I look forward to helping you improve your English! Thank you for sharing your language-learning journey with me. :)