Hi! My name is Kay, and I've been teaching English in Japan since 2017. I have taught a variety of students, ranging from children in elementary school to adult learners. I am also certified in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
I'm currently studying Japanese on Cafetalk, and have passed the N3 level of the JLPT. I truly understand what it's like to struggle while learning a language. This empathy motivates me to adapt my lessons to match individual goals and learning styles.
Some fun facts about me:
- I have lived in three different states (Florida, California, and Georgia).
- I am left-handed.
- I worked at Starbucks while in college, so I can do very realistic roleplays.
- I love going to karaoke, but I sing very badly (lol).
- I like to ride my longboard in spring and summer.
- I have both American and Japanese driver's licenses.
- My favorite Japanese foods are kaisen-don and motsunabe.
Feel free to ask me questions about myself or my life in Japan during our lessons.