This is a slightly more advanced conversation class about current news and events.
I will give you a list of news stories, and you can choose a story which is interesting to you.
I use good news stories, as they tend to be more fun, easier to access and have more colloquial and everyday English.
I will help you with any grammar of phrases you need help with, At the end of the lesson we will review new vocabulary or phrases learnt, and set some target study for the next time.
- Analysis and discussion of a news story in English
- make a word list of new vocabulary or grammar.
- Comprehension questions about the article read.
- Discussion questions about the broader topic and your own ideas and experiences.
Student will be able to more effectively read and gain information, and discuss ideas and themes.
Cafetalk's cancellation policy
• Cancellation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• More than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ Cancellation is possible at any time.
• Less than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
• No-Show→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
(Please check with the tutor for details.)
Hi There! My Name is Adam. I am from Melbourne in Australia, but have lived also in Canberra, Utrecht (The Netherlands) and Kobe, in Hyogo Prefecture in Japan. I worked as a full time Assistant Engli...
All lessons offered by this tutor
- All Lessons
※ Times are shown in Asia/Tokyo. They'll convert to your timezone when you log in.
***e4111anneI enjoyed his lesson as always. We read the article on Australian bushfire and talked about it. His lesson note is very helpful for my review.Jan 20, 2020
***e4111anneI enjyoed talking with Adam again. I took "News Lesson" today,and it was interesting. I learned several new words. It was very helpful that… moreJul 19, 2019