In this short adventure, we help Ando-San (an original character) on a quest to get the Katakana Katana, a sword he will use to fight bad English pronunciation.
This class is aimed at high school level students, suitable for Middle school to first year senior high school. I used it as an introductiory lesson for my first year senior high school students.
In this lesson we focus on common pronunciation mistakes that come from learning english through Katakana. This lesson focuses on minimal pairs, illiteration and hard to pronounce sentences to drill sounds.
- Hard and soft consonant sounds, and removing vowel sounds from speech. (e.g. And instead of And-o)
- V vs B (arising from バ ビ ブ ベ ボ）
- L vs R (arising from ラリルレロ）
Students should be able to:
- Remove a few common pronunciation mistakes from their English
- Be able to tell the difference between minimal pairings
* This tutor is currently on leave or vacation. Lesson requests can be made after Dec 8, 2019 20:00
Cafetalk's cancellation policy
• Cancellation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• More than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ Cancellation is possible at any time.
• Less than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
• No-Show→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
(Please check with the tutor for details.)
Hi There! My Name is Adam. I am from Melbourne in Australia, but have lived also in Canberra, Utrecht (The Netherlands) and Kobe, in Hyogo Prefecture in Japan. I worked as a full time Assistant Engli...
All lessons offered by this tutor
- All Lessons
Let's discuss environmental issues and solutions in English
We will look at how your house gains and loses heat, and how to impro...
※ Times are shown in Asia/Tokyo. They'll convert to your timezone when you log in.
No comments, not yet.