Hello! I am an Australian who is currently living in Berlin. I am a trained Cambridge CELTA teacher and have taught a wide variety of classes from Beginner through to Advanced, English for Academic Purposes (EAP), IELTS, Business English, Public Speaking Skills and special focus skills on Grammar, Pronunciation and Writing. I have taught in the most prestigeous language colleges in Australia and am now available for online classes through CafeTalk.
A bit about me! I have a Bachelor Degree double majoring in Film & Television and Journalism along with a Diploma of Directing from the New York Film Academy.
I have many hobbies and interests, some of these include: writing, photography, film, travel, yoga, mindfulness meditation, reiki and hiking. I love music, nature and all animals!
My teaching style which my students LOVE is student-centred, communicative and fun! I am a warm, friendly teacher who knows how to motivate her students. I keep all my lessons interesting and contemporary. My aim is to help you build your skills and confidence in order to be able to communicate in a natural way with native English speakers. I will do this by tailoring the lessons to your level, staging the classes in a logical way so they flow at a good pace whilst also challenging you. In my classes you will:
- Improve your listening and speaking skills
- Improve your pronunciation
- Understand the meaning of difficult expressions, idiomatic speech and phrasal verbs
- Refine and work on improving your grammar skills.
- Expand your vocabulary (learning to select the right vocabularly is a choice, just like when choosing the correct grammar to use)
- Build confidence in your speaking abilities through conversational lessons
- Work on developing any skills relevent to your needs e.g. students who are wanting to study academic English will need specialised classes to improve their writing skills. Students wishing to devolop public speaking skills will have special classes designed for them. If you want to learn the language (jargon) of a particular industry let me know and I'll design classes to suit your needs!
To get started we will have a FREE 15 minute introduction session, so we can meet, have a conversation and you can ask me any questions. From there I will be able to assess your current English level so I can better design classes that uniquely suit your needs and abilities.
You are also welcome to request special classes from the following skills: Speaking & Pronunciation, Listening, Reading & Comprehension and/or Writing.
Below are a few photos of past classes I have taught, the students and myself have such a wonderful time on the learning journey and you and I will as well. I look forward to meeting you so we can get started!
A picture of my last English for Academic Purposes (EAP) class. These happy students are all celebrating achieving their dream and going on to study at various Australian Universities. Nov '15
Teaching in action - photo supplied by a very sneaky student ;)
I enjoy teaching students of all language levels and from all over the world! In this picture we have students from Japan, Columbia, Thailand and Vietnam. Sept '15
Q. Hi MissMelinda, please introduce yourself! A. Hello, my name is Melinda! I’ve been working as an ESL teacher for several years now. I was born and raised in Perth, Western Australia – one of THE most isolated cities in the world! Since my 20’s I’ve absolutely loved the adventure of travel. Being a photographer, journalist and now ESL teacher I have been fortunate enough to have lived and worke...