Q: Can you tell us about a tourist spot in the Philippines that you would like to recommend?more→
Sheka シェカ's Tutor Profile
Next Available Slot
Dec 11, 2018
Go to Lesson List ↓
This tutor usually accepts requests up to 2 hours before the desired lesson time
Feedback for this tutor
- Dec 3, 2018 You have a new coupon! - Only until Christmas - ============================ Coupon Name: Only until Christmas Code: 522cb44e Discount Rate: 20% F...
- Dec 2, 2018 You have a new coupon! - For NEW STUDENTS!! - ============================ Coupon Name: For NEW STUDENTS!! (New Students Only) Code: f7090f42 Dis...
- Nov 21, 2018 Featured Lesson for Christmas - Dear Students, Cafetalk has launched a campaign for December: "Celebrate the Holiday Season with C...
- Nov 13, 2018 TAGALOG LESSON PACK 3回無料です！ - Hello! I have created a lesson pack for Tagalog learners. Get 3 more extra lessons whe...
- Nov 7, 2018 You have a new coupon! - BUY 1, GET 1 FREE - Hello! This is Sheka (Berlin). How have you been? I look forward to talking to you again soon...
*Watch my INTRODUCTION VIDEO.
Hi there! My name is Sheka (Berlin). I am 27 years old.
I am an elementary school English teacher in Japan.
I studied Statistics at the University of the Philippines.
I used to work as a statistician/research analyst for two multinational companies.
I discovered my passion for teaching English when I started working as a part-time online tutor in a Japanese school back in 2009. At a young age, my love for Japan, its culture, and its people grew bigger and bigger as I talked to my students every day.
Now, I enjoy working and living in Japan.
I still have a lot of things to learn about Japan but I am taking it one step at a time. (^_^)
----------> MY TEACHING STYLE <--------------
As a teacher, I try my best to make the lessons enjoyable for my students. I adjust the way I speak depending on my student's level. English is not my native language but most of my students like my neutral accent and clear pronunciation.
At school, I teach children with zero English ability when they started but are now able to read, write, and communicate in English. I like teaching beginners because I know I can be part of their progress. I can speak a little bit of Japanese, so don't worry.
We can start with daily conversation practices until you become more confident with your overall English ability.
For INTERMEDIATE students:
Depending on the type of lesson, I usually let my students express themselves as much as they can and try not to interrupt them while speaking, then I take notes of the points that need improvement and explain it to them afterward.
For ADVANCE students:
Students with very high English level are welcome in my lessons, however, I also recommend them to try a native speaker's lesson to make the most out of their learning experience.
Cafetalk's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• More than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ Cancellation is possible at any time.
• Less than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
• No-Show→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
(Please check with the tutor for details.)
All lessons by this tutor
- All Lessons
Feedback from students (151)
***imi相変わらずあっと言う間のレッスンでした。時間が短く感じられますが、内容はかなり濃いと思います。復習もしっかりしたいので、量的にはちょうどいいかなと思います。5 Tagalog Lessons + 1 FREE 25 4,900Dec 11, 2018
***ka_m今日は質問の仕方と答え方そして同じ語句でもアクセントが違うと意味が変わってくる事と発音の勉強をしました。タガログ語でレッスンを進めてもらっていますが、わからない時や語句の使い方の説明は日本語でもフォローしてくれますのでリラックスしてレッスンを受ける事ができます。質問も例文をいくつもタイプして、わかり易く教えて頂きました。ありがとうございました。TAGALOG 25分 25 1,000Dec 6, 2018
Less than 3 hours
|Last Login: Less than a day|
View: 68 | Nov 4, 2018
View: 71 | Oct 16, 2018
SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE 現在形
View: 810 | Sep 24, 2017
Idiom of the Day - 10
turn your nose up -to reject someone or something Example sentence: Mary turned her nose...
View: 609 | Sep 18, 2017
Idiom of the Day - 9
cry over spilt milk -to be unhappy about something that has already happened ...
View: 752 | Sep 15, 2017
Idiom of the Day - 8
hit the books =to study Example sentence: Bob: Hey, Mark! Let's drink tonight. Ma...
View: 794 | Feb 16, 2016
[子どもが楽しく英単語を読めるようになるフォニックス] このレッスンはソフトウェアを使ってシェアスクリーンでレッスンを行います。（事前の準備はまったく必要ありません） アルファベットの文字を一文...
View: 1011 | Feb 11, 2016
"ed" Past Tense Regular Verbs
For information about voiced and voiceless consonants, click the link below: http://esl.abou...
View: 756 | Feb 8, 2016
Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing great. I hope it is not yet too late to wish you a prosperou...
View: 795 | Nov 23, 2014
Our School's English Bulletin Board
Hello! Winter is just around the corner. We eat more during this season so let's try to control our...
View: 633 | Nov 19, 2014
FREE English Video Lessons
Hi! Here are the video lessons I've made: (体の部分) Parts of the Body1 http://cafeta...
View: 627 | Nov 8, 2014
Making English Visible
Hi! Sharing with you this English bulletin board I made... ^_^ Fall is almost over! A...
View: 573 | Nov 2, 2014
Halloween Fun Games
This was our classroom activity for Halloween.