- Hello! My name is Miyuki but you can call me Miyu for short.
- I am 20 years old.
- I am of a Japanese-Filipino nationality currently living in the Philippines.
- I've been teaching English for 5 years both online and face-to-face, with my students aging from 8 to 60 years old.
- I love to talk to my students about anything and everything - hobbies, cultures, favourite things, etc. because as much as I love to teach, I also love to learn.
- Totally, I have conducted more than 500 classes in English.
MORE ABOUT ME:
- I grew up in a multilingual community (English, Japanese and Filipino) but my native tongue is English. I am able to speak Japanese and Filipino at a conversational level because I studied them, and I know how difficult it can be to learn foreign languages.
- I do volunteer teaching for English lessons in a public school too.
- I have experience teaching any English topics, from business English (resumes, business letters, business lexicons) to day-to-day English.
- Flexibility: I believe that each student is different and that everyone has their own learning pace. I adjust my teaching methods that would be most suited for a student.
- Focus: I take every aspect of the student's learning very seriously, especially spelling and pronunciation. I take note of the mistakes they commit and correct them so improvements can be made.
- Voluntary Homework: The reason it's called voluntary is because I don't force my students to do the homework. I give them a choice whether or not they want to do it. If they do want to do it, it would be answered in their own pace. Of course, I make sure the homework is fun to do. For example, writing English stories, keeping a daily diary, watching an English movie, etc. There are so many amazing and fun possibilities to help with learning English!
- Materials: I make use of Google Docs to make class more effective, and I share worksheets there for my students to be able to practice more.
- Attitude: I am not a strict teacher. I have never been called scary looking nor strict by any of my students. I really hope that we could have a fun lesson together! Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions during lessons and feel free to think of topics you want to talk about.
Thank you! :)