Fiona フィオナ's Tutor Profile
Next Available Slot
Dec 18, 2017
Go to Lesson List ↓
This tutor usually accepts requests up to 12 hours before the desired lesson time
Feedback for this tutor
- Dec 8, 2017 Cafetalk Awesome Lesson Awards 2017・カフェトークアウォード - Dear students,Please take a few moments to vote for your favourite lessons during the second half o...
- Dec 7, 2017 ❄ Winter Notifications 2017 - Hi students!I've just returned from my holiday to Perth, Australia. (I'm missing the warmth!) Here'...
Hello! My name is Fiona! I live in Okayama, Japan where I work as an English language teacher. I was born in the UK and lived there for nine years until my family moved to Australia.
Some things about me...
- I'm a qualified English language teacher and teaching is my passion! I'm also currently studying a Master's degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
- I have taught English to students from Japan, China, Spain, Brazil, Greece, Italy...
- My youngest student is aged three years, and my oldest... 79 years old!
- My hobbies include reading, swimming, cycling and playing with my miniature dachshund, Miya.
- I have lived in three countries, and travelled to six. I hope I can travel to many more in the future!
- I'm really excited for my wedding next year!
I'm here to help you achieve your goals in English, whatever they are. If you want to study for an exam, I can help you. If you want to practice English conversation, talk with me. If you want to relax and watch movies in Enlgish, let's find some good ones!
- Why are you studying English?
- What are the goals you want to achieve in English?
- What motivates you to study English?
It's important for me to get to know my students well. Help me to learn things about you so I can create more interesting lessons for you!
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Do you play any sports?
- What music do you enjoy listening to?
Please don't hesitate to book a lesson with me! I'd love to get to know you! Here's a few quick things about my teaching style...
- To help you improve your listening skills, I teach English speaking only English, and provide only authentic materials.
- I'm still learning Japanese! Although I can generally understand spoken Japanese, it is preferred we try to use only English throughout the lesson.
- I'll always give you feedback on improvements, pronunciation corrections, new vocabulary, etc.
- As a teacher I strive to decrease my talking time, and increase yours. Be prepared to talk a lot!
Thank you for visiting my tutor page!
More info here!
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 2hours before lesson start time.→ 100% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
- All Lessons
Feedback from students (266)
***takaThanks for your first lesson, our times passed so fast! Her way of speaking is very friendly and the pace is good for me. I really enjoyed.Picture Description 25 1,500Dec 15, 2017
***ne_irl１ヶ月ぶりの受講でした。先生のホリデイの話を聞かせてもらいました。楽しくレッスンは出来ましたが、100％聞き取れるわけではないので、もう少しリスニング力を上げて会話がナチュラルに出来るようになりたいです。一人でやってる勉強では、ナチュラルに出来るかどうかわからないので、やはり自宅学習とオンラインの英会話は同時にがんばらないとだめですね～＾＾；先生と弾むような会話が出来るようにがんばります！Q&A: Australia 50 3,000Dec 15, 2017
|French||Just a few words|
|Chinese||Just a few words|
Bachelor of Arts
CELTA Pass (Grade A)
JLPT N3 Pass
Less than 5 hours
|Last Login: Less than a day|
※ Shown in Asia/Tokyo time. Will show in your timezone when you log in.
View: 42 | Dec 14, 2017
Lunch Break English #07
- Hello! - I’m back from Australia, and back into the swing of lessons on Cafetalk. Feel...
View: 72 | Dec 7, 2017
❄ Lesson Guide Winter 2017
Welcome to the Winter 2017 Lesson Guide for Tutor Fiona. Please use this guide to help you cho...
View: 61 | Nov 24, 2017
Leaving Feedback = 10% Discount Coupon
Your feedback is important to me! ❤Your feedback not only helps me to reach out to new student...
View: 179 | Nov 17, 2017
Lunch Break English #06
- Afternoon all! - Yay, it’s Friday! Have you got plans for the weekend? I’ve got ...
View: 126 | Nov 15, 2017
Lunch Break English #05
- Good morning! - In what’s wonderful news for Australia, an overwhelming majority of Au...
View: 94 | Nov 14, 2017
Lunch Break English #04
- Hiya! - Where did the sunshine go? It’s cold and rainy today! I’ve got a fu...
View: 132 | Nov 13, 2017
Lunch Break English #03
- Hi all! - Have you had a nice weekend? The weather was lovely (but a little cold) over the...
View: 96 | Nov 10, 2017
A Notice of Holiday Leave
Dear students,I will be away from Cafetalk from Wednesday 22nd November to Wednesday 6th December 2...
View: 132 | Nov 9, 2017
Lunch Break English #02
- Hello! - It’s nice to see you back here! I’ve just hit 600 lessons on Cafet...
View: 166 | Nov 8, 2017
Lunch Break English #01
- Welcome! - The is the start of what I hope will be a fun and rewarding journey into the worl...
View: 199 | Oct 16, 2017 | 1
Celebrating 500 Lessons~★ New Coupons & Lessons
Thanks to my lovely students and the Cafetalk community for your support! -❤- Limited T...
View: 312 | Sep 8, 2017
和英翻訳練習 ★ Japanese to English: Short Translations (Coupon)
Why Practice Translation? One good way to improve your knowledge of vocabulary and grammar is thro...