Taking breaks can be very useful in making our study time more productive. There are many things that can help you feel refreshed when you get back to studying. Activities that help you relax or get your blood flowing can help you feel more focused. But there are also activities that can end up distracting you. So here are some ideas on what can be a healthy or an unhealthy choice.
Do (healthy ideas):
- Take short breaks of maybe 5-10 minutes every 20-30 minutes.
- Perhaps take a short walk or just get a breath of fresh air outside.
- Do some stretching.
- Get a glass of water.
- Listen to some relaxing music.
- Meditate by closing your eyes and relaxing your mind.
Don’t (unhealthy ideas):
- Take breaks longer than 10-15 minutes.
- Watch TV.
- Surf the internet.
- Log on to social media accounts.
- Eat a heavy meal.
- Listen to intense or discordant music.
What do you think? Do you have any ideas of what kind of activities are good to do? Or bad to do? Let me know! If you are interested in learning English check out my profile at Cafetalk.com where I offer private tutoring.