Aims and Objectives
The aim of the course is to enable students to function at a basic everyday survival level (basic vocabulary, grammar, morphology, syntax and phonetics).
Students should be able to communicate in understand Portuguese on a number of practical everyday matters.
- Greetings others and introducing oneself, spelling people's name, formal and informal greetings;
- Meeting people and introducing others, making invitations, suggestions and appointments, telling the time;
- Asking and answering questions about travelling and means of transportation.
- Ordering a meal in a restaurant, naming tableware on the table,
- Expressing desires, wishes, preferences, doubts, asking for information (location/direction);
- Describing hotel services expressing satisfaction and dissatisfaction;
- Comparing and describing houses and flats, locating objects in the house;
- Talking about daily routine and leisure activities;
- Learning about Brazilian annual calendar.
Main topics / themes to be covered
- First contacts, names, nationalities, addresses, professions, numbers up to 100;
- Meeting people, leisure activities and plans for the weekend;
- The time;
- Means of transport;
- Restaurant, bar, invitations, food;
- Hotel reservations, problems with the service at the hotel orientation in the city, numbers up to one billion;
- House and apartments, at the estate agency, decoration social housing;
- Daily activities routines, leisure activities, Brazilian calendar.
Grammar: The alphabet: spelling & pronunciation; Numbers; Grammatical gender & number agreement; Personal Pronouns (eu, você, ele, ela, nós, vocês, eles, elas); Estar + gerundio; Present Indicative of regular verbs; Possessive adjectives.
Cafetalk's cancellation policy
• Cancellation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• More than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ Cancellation is possible at any time.
• Less than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
• No-Show→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
(Please check with the tutor for details.)
I have been teaching Portuguese as a second language since 2013 and I am graduated in Portuguese for teaching Foreigners at Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro. In my Portuguese classes ...
All lessons offered by this tutor
- All Lessons
※ Times are shown in Asia/Tokyo. They'll convert to your timezone when you log in.
***koFlamencoスペイン語でポルトガル語を教えてもらいました。 とてもフレンドリーで素敵な先生です。Jul 19, 2019
***jovoオンラインスタンバイされているときに、突然ボサノバの歌詞の発音を教えてほしい。とリクエストしたところ、すぐに対応していただけてよかったです。歌詞にまつわる場所の解説などもしていただけて、歌への理解を深めることができました。私はポルトガル語はわからないので、会話は英語でしていただけました。Jun 17, 2018