Aims and Objectives
The aim of the course is to enable students with a good basic knowledge of Portuguese to develop the four skills further. Students should then be able to converse reasonably fluently with native speakers and discuss personal, practical, social and current issues using appropriate structures.
- Express desire, doubts and feelings, defining the location of an object;
- Express liking, dislike, need opportunity, convenience, preference, inviting, stimulate action;
- Express purpose, concession opposition, condition, give suggestions;
- Give opinion, express indifference, discredit, indecision, confidence for , formulate hypotheses;
- Promise, justify, ask for something;
- Advise, argue, explain, narrate;
- Express states of mind through interjections, asking, giving, refusing, interrupting, expressing possible and impossible conditions, acquainting the student with the level of popular language;
- Transmit and repeat declarations, orders or questions spoken by other, encourage the continuation of a conversation.
Main topics / themes to be covered
- Schools and universities, choosing a profession, careers;
- The weather / climate / temperature and its influence on activities, nature's phenomenon;
- Money and economic stability, baking, administration of money;
- Superstitions, simpatias, popular beliefs, Brazilian legends;
- Trade / services and potential problems;
- Urban traffic, behavior in traffic, transportation, car, insurance;
- Leisure activities, excursions, Brazilian popular music, football, Brazilian personalities in the arts and sports, television, media;
- The Portuguese of Brazil, the Portuguese in Portugal.
- problematic consonant sounds: r / rr, h;
- difficulties involving spelling.
- Present subjunctive (regular and irregular verbs) and its usage;
- Demonstrative pronouns + adverbs of places;
- Impersonal expressions + present subjunctive;
- Conjunctions + present subjunctive;
- Indefinite words + present subjunctive;
- Imperfect subjunctive;
- Conditional + Imperfect subjunctive;
- Future subjunctive;
- Compound subjunctives;
- Personal Infinitive (infinitivo pessoal);
- Use of há (to indicate time or existence);
- Conditional with "se" + Imperfect compound subjective;
- Relative pronouns;
- Indirect speech.
Cafetalk's cancellation policy
• Cancellation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• More than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ Cancellation is possible at any time.
• Less than 24 hours before lesson start time.→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
• No-Show→ The tutor may take a cancellation fee.
(Please check with the tutor for details.)
I have been teaching Portuguese as a second language since 2013 and I am graduated in Portuguese for teaching Foreigners at Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro. In my Portuguese classes ...
All lessons offered by this tutor
- All Lessons
※ Times are shown in Asia/Tokyo. They'll convert to your timezone when you log in.
***ishsamsAngélica is a great teacher and a very nice person. I am proud to be her student. She boosted my confidence and made me feel very comfortable with spe… moreDec 7, 2017