MYZOO Tutor Interview
- Q. Hi MYZOO! Thank you for taking the time to do this interview. Can you tell us little bit about yourself?
A.Hello, everyone! I am MYZOO, and my real name is Lee Jung Joo.
I teach Korean on Cafetalk. If you're wondering about my nickname, MYZOO, please take a look at my profile. I received the Korean teaching certificate four years ago and started teaching Korean. I've been teaching Korean to foreigners at foreigners' protection centers, community centers, elementary schools, and a junior high school in Korea. Although I teach Korean now, I studied musical when I was in college, and I worked in the music industry for about 10 years (if you want to hear my songs, please send me a message anytime!). I studied psychology and worked as a counselor.
I have been challenging myself in different areas! I fell in love with Japan and studied Japanese. I wanted to live in Japan, but I wondered what kind of job I could do in Japan. I realized I'm good at teaching, so I got a teaching qualification and started teaching Korean.
- Q. Can you tell us about the city you currently live in?
A. I live in Suwon. It is about 45 minutes by car from Seoul, the capital city of Korea. You can experience the cultural heritage of the palace that kings often stayed in. An old Suwon market is also a famous place that you can visit. The city is very close to the amusement park, "Everland" and Korean Folk Village. If you ever get a chance to travel to Suwon, I will be your personal guide.
- Q. Can you tell us a little bit more about your professional background? What got you into teaching, and what motivated you to keep pursuing this career?
A. I've been teaching Korean on Cafetalk since September 2020. I wanted to find a job where I can practice my Japanese while working. One of my friends introduced me to Cafetalk, and I thought this is a good platform for me to start teaching online Korean.
- Q. What are you usually up to when you’re not teaching on Cafetalk? What are your hobbies and interests?
A. I usually spend most of my time with family and friends, but I also like to go to karaoke alone and sing for hours. I enjoy staying home and watching dramas or read fairy tales. If the weather is nice, I go shopping, visit museums or watch movies. Recently, I started a YouTube channel as another hobby, so I mostly spend my time shooting and editing videos.
- Q. A lot of students are probably curious about the atmosphere in your lessons. What can a student imagine a lesson with you to be like? What’s your teaching style?
A. I offer two types of my lessons. The first type is a lesson during which you can have fun while studying. I know learning a language takes time, and sometimes you can get bored. I provide lessons that you can enjoy while studying Korean. I will do my best to keep you motivated. The second type is a customized lesson. I will customize each individual class according to each student's needs.
- Q. Since you offer a variety of lessons, is there any lesson you can recommend in particular? Or can you give a quick overview of which lesson might be good for which type of student?
A. Each lesson I provide has unique features.
- If you are at a beginner's level, I recommend the pronunciation lesson. You will learn Korean with a textbook.
- f you are at an intermediate level, I recommend the "Korean Free Talk," "Learn Korean with a Song," or "Korean All in One" package lesson.
- If you are at an advanced level, I recommend the "Free Talk" package lesson or "Learn Korean with K-Drama".
- Q. Finally, would you like to leave a message for your current and future students?
A. I know learning a language is difficult. However, do not give up. You will get there if you do not stop and try every day. Remember that I will be here for you. Thank you!