I just came back from a wonderful trip to Guam so I wanted to take this opportunity to recommend it to you :)
I chose Guam for a short vacation of 4 days because of its convenient location. It was just a short flight of three hours from Narita Airport. There are a number of economic flights you can pick from. I chose Jeju airlines which was a good experience for the value they offered. But make sure to get to the airport 2-3 hours before your flight to ensure you have no problems. The line can be long if you arrive late and you run the risk of missing your flight. I found a very good deal through H.I.S online and their customer support was good at the Guam airport.
Here is a list things you can do in Guam and the places to visit that I enjoyed:
1. Go to the beach early in the morning or in the afternoon and try to watch the sunset, its beautiful. There were not many people when I went. It was nice.
2. Go to the Chamorro village market (open only on Wednesdays) There are so many different carts of food. Make sure to go hungry!
3. There is nothing more refreshing to do in a hot day than go shopping to the T galleria. There are a number of shops across the street as well that cater to tourists. Make time to visit the ABC stores. They have everything you need for a short stay in the island. Nearby, I took a pic with Guam’s mascot Gumamon :)
4. There are many boat tours, snorkeling, diving and other water activities that are fun on the island.
5. Go to the Churrasco Brazilian stake house. This place is awesome if you like meat and enjoy a large meal. Its located about 10 minute walk from the T Galleria. There are many types of sea food restaurants on the island with all kinds of food. Try to visit as many as you can, you will not be disappointed.
6. Go to Sand Castle dinner theater with the family. They offer many fun shows for children and adults.
Word of advice: When you take a take a taxi anywhere make sure to ask in advance at your desk hotel or airport approximately how much the ride to your destination will be. Then, ask the driver how much it will cost you (before) you get on the taxi. If the difference is too large get another taxi. Often times, some drivers will take advantage of tourist who don’t know the island well and over charge them.
A little friend I made in Guam :)
The next time you visit Guam keep this list in mind. You will enjoy more.