|Spanish||Just a few words|
Ciao a tutti!
My name is Paola and I'm a certified Italian language teacher. I'm also a translator and I work with 3 languages (Italian, English, Japanese).
This is my Facebook page: Paola_Cafetalk
Hit the Like button and, other than interesting contents about Italy and the Italian language, you may receive special offers!
I'm Calabrian (South Italy), I have studied in Rome and Osaka, and now I live in the stunningly beautiful Tuscany together with my special one and my cat Maki. ♡
I do my best to offer creative and fun lessons!
Hobbies: Watching movies and tv series, playing games of all kinds (video games, board games, riddles, etc), nature and ecologism, animals (especially cats!), decluttering, hiking and climbing mountains, traveling.
Favorite quote: "Sbagliando si impara" (you learn by your mistakes)
Follow me on Instagram if you like ♡
I love languages. Studying them, translating them and, of course, teaching them!
I always try to keep up-to-date by joining webinars, conventions and all sorts of events for Italian language teachers (that is also a great way to fight the so-called "the freelancer's loneliness"!).
Let's study together! I'll teach you Italian, but not the way a school teacher would. I prefer to define myself as a tutor because I don't know everything and I'm not above you: think of me as a friend on the same level as you, who will share their knowledge and support you in your active learning. In fact, it's not "me teaching you", but rather "you learning with my help"! No tests, no grades, all my questions and exercises are nothing but part of the learning process, so relax and don't be afraid to make mistakes. On the contrary, if you really want to learn something, you MUST make mistakes! :)
My specialty is teaching native English or Japanese speakers (or Italian, if you're reading this to study English with me). I've studied your language, I know how it works and I know what you're going through right now! :)
This will come in handy during the first lessons, but you'll see we'll be able to speak only Italian in no time!
Lastly, my forte is the variety of original materials and customized lesson plans I have created and will create for you. If you want more details, book a free trial lesson!
Preferences: Since Cafetalk lessons are not my only job, I would really appreciate it if you could take seriously and respect my work and my time. Therefore:
- Please, show up on time for each lesson, and possibly make sure you're ready (for example, prepare your materials, go to a silent environment where you are alone, check your internet connection, etc). I will send a message before calling you to make sure you're all set.
- In case of a no-show or sudden cancellation (less than 6 hours before the lesson), as stated by my cancellation policy, I will take 100% of the points for a variety of reasons I'm sure you will comprehend. (i.e. other students could not request lessons during the time you booked, I canceled my other plans for you, I prepared a lesson just for you - which takes 2 to 3 hours of my time and believe me, a lot of creativity and effort, etc). Although, if I deem it appropriate, I may issue a 100% discount coupon in order to allow you to recover your missed lesson, so don't be scared! :)
- If you have any specific ideas or requests please do not hesitate to tell me before any lesson! I will do my best to fulfill your wishes! Also, if you are new, I would appreciate it if you could send a brief self-introduction along with your first lesson request!
- It is literally impossible to learn a language with only 1 or 2 lessons a week. You must study alone as well! Memorizing the new verbs (and their conjugation) and terms will be more than enough!
- Do not study the lesson beforehand. My teaching style is all about revision, so rather than taking a peek at the next lesson's material spoiling all the fun, focus on reviewing the expressions and grammar rules we studied in the previous one. It works so much better, trust me! ;)
- Do leave feedback, please! Even if it's not 100% positive, it is very important for me to know your opinion in order to improve myself, thanks!
Q. Hi Paola, please introduce yourself! A. Hi! I’m 28 years old and I’m an Italian with a little bit of Japan in my heart! I work with languages – both teaching and translating, and it feels amazing! I’m trilingual at the moment (Italian, English and Japanese) but I’m trying to learn Spanish in my spare time, which is very important to me, since it’s my mother’s native language. If I had to descr...