Paola's Tutor Profile
Next Available Slot
Apr 26, 2019
Go to Lesson List ↓
This tutor usually accepts requests up to 24 hours before the desired lesson time
Feedback for this tutor
- Apr 14, 2019 イースター休み★Vacanze di Pasqua - Cari studenti この間、誠にありがとうございました！レッスン時間の変更のお知らせを送った時は、各生徒の反応がすっごく心配でしたが、結局皆さんが納得したそうですので、安心～♡今回は、イー...
- Apr 4, 2019 ★文法レッスン時間変更のお知らせ★ - Cari studenti お知らせはお久しぶりですね！皆さんお元気してますか？ 誠に勝手ながら、5月1日より、以下のイタリア語文法レッスン時間が60分→50分に変更させて...
Ciao a tutti!
My name is Paola and I'm an Italian and English language teacher. I'm also a translator and an interpreter and I work with 3 languages (Italian, English, Japanese).
I'm Calabrian (South Italy), I have studied in Rome and Osaka, and now I live in the stunningly beautiful Tuscany together with my special one.
I'm generally shy, but also a good-mannered, open minded and very understanding person. I do my best to offer creative and fun lessons!
I like movies and tv series, games of all kind (video games, board games, riddles, etc), nature and ecologism, animals (especially cats!), decluttering, hiking and climbing mountains, traveling.
Follow me on Instagram if you like ♡
What I love about teaching is that I get to share my knowledge of this beautiful language, Italian and it's something very fulfilling to me. Being passionate about languages and linguistics, and having studied foreign languages since I was a child, I became very self-aware about my native language and now can put all of that passion into my lessons.
As for my teaching style: I'm very easy going and not strict at all - why would I be? I was taught to be a patient teacher always keen on what I'm doing and ready to meet my student(s)' needs. As a matter of fact, a teacher, a tutor, should not be considered as an omniscient and superior being, but rather as someone on the same level of the student, who can share their knowledge and help the student in his/her active learning. In fact, it's not "me teaching you", but rather "you learning with my help"!
Furthermore, please note that if you are a native of Italian, English or Japanese (according to the language you're studying), I will be able to offer a more accurate service since I'm familiar with your linguistical line of reasoning and your mistakes will be more easily detected, understood, explained and eventually prevented. This doesn't mean I will take lessons in your language, though: I will try to speak only Italian, otherwise you wouldn't learn anything more than what's on your textbooks! I can explain in your language for the first beginner lessons and, in case of need, for some complicated terms or grammar rules, but I'll do my best to stop using it quickly and give lessons in Italian only. On the other hand, if you speak English but it's not your mother tongue, I won't use it during my lessons because adding a 3rd language would be completely unnecessary and, most of all, dangerous to your learning mechanisms!
Lastly, my forte is the variety of original materials and customized lessons. If you want to know more, book a trial lesson!
Preferences: Since Cafetalk lessons are not my only job, I would really appreciate it if you could take seriously and respect my lessons and my time. Therefore:
- Please, show up on time for each lesson, and possibly make sure you're ready (for example, prepare your materials, go to a silent environment where you are alone, check your internet connection, etc). I will send a message before calling you to make sure you're all set.
- In case of a no-show or sudden cancellation (less than 6 hours before the lesson), as stated by my cancellation policy, I will take 100% of the points for a variety of reasons I'm sure you will comprehend. (i.e. other students could not request lessons during the time you booked, I canceled my other plans for you, I prepared a lesson just for you - which takes 2 to 3 hours of my time and believe me, a lot of creativity and effort, etc). Although, if I deem it appropriate, I may issue a 100% discount coupon in order to allow you to recover your missed lesson, so don't be scared! :)
- If you have any specific idea or request please do not hesitate to tell me before any lesson! I will do my best to fulfill your wishes! Also, if you are new, I would appreciate it if you could send a brief self-introduction along with your first lesson request!
- Leave feedback, please! Even if it's not 100% positive, it is very important for me to know about your opinion in order to improve myself, thanks!
♥ Thank you to each one of you and I'm really looking forward to studying with you! Ciao! ♥
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 6hours before lesson start time.→ 100% of price charged.
• Between 6-24hours before lesson start time.→ 50% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
- All Lessons
Feedback from students (134)
***9She is friendly. It's easy to understand.
***ccioPaola,grazie mille. E' stata una lezione piacevole! Vorrei sapere la tua vita in Italia. Tornero' un'altra volta! Ciao!!Chiacchieriamo! Italian Free Conversation 50 1,500Mar 29, 2019
***.36今回は少し長めの文章の録音をお願いしたのですが、快く引き受けてくださいました。優しい声で明瞭に朗読してくださったので、正しい発音がわかりました。録音状態もとても良いです。聞きやすい音声ファイルに仕上げていただいて感謝しています。先生のお手本を参考にして発音練習に励みます。またお願いします。ありがとうございました。Italian Audio Recording 0 800Mar 12, 2019
|Spanish||Just a few words|
Cambridge English: Advanced B
DITALS (Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language) II
Less than 3 hours
|Last Login: Less than a day|
View: 192 | Jan 5, 2019
Buon Anno Nuovo a tutti!♡
View: 218 | Dec 27, 2018
Aiutoooo! Ho mangiato troppo! :D
"Ricordatevi che non si ingrassa fra Natale e Capodanno, ma fra Capodanno e Natale."これ、覚えておこう！...
View: 276 | Oct 11, 2018
Vorrei ringraziare dal profondo del cuore tutti i miei studenti che hanno contribuito a farmi raggi...
View: 1448 | Jul 26, 2017
La mia vacanza in montagna (皆さまへのオプショナル宿題！）
Ciao a tutti!! Sono tornata dalla mia vacanza in montagna da 2 settimane, ma solo ora ho tempo di s...
View: 1667 | Feb 16, 2017
Il mio "lesson kit"!
Ciao a tutti! Come va? Io ultimamente sono molto impegnata con le lezioni e il lavoro, ma sto benis...
View: 1775 | Nov 8, 2016
Ciao a tutti! この投稿はイタリア語についての根本的な情報です。 イタリア語に興味を持つ生徒の方にお勧めしますので、イタリア語の勉強を始める前に是非ご参照ください。 まず、Wiki...
View: 1589 | Aug 3, 2016
Valle d'Aosta ♥
Ciao a tutti! Sono tornata dalle vacanze! Oggi scrivo un post solo in italiano, così potret...
View: 1450 | Jan 14, 2016
新年・新パソコン・新プロフィール！Anno nuovo, computer nuovo, profilo nuovo!
カフェトークの皆様、明けましておめでとうございます。 まあ、もう14日なので遅いかなぁと。ｗでもこれは私の2016年の1番目の投稿文ですので、何とか言わなければならないと思いました。 皆様のお正...
View: 1282 | Dec 28, 2015
Dal 2016 comincio... / 新年の決意
Ciao a tutti! Come va? Manca poco a Capodanno, eh? Oggi vorrei scrivere un post bilingue.皆様、お元気ですか？...
View: 1275 | Dec 3, 2015
Ciao! Come va?皆さん、こんにちは！お元気にしていますか？ 日本のクリスマスデコレーションはどうですか？イタリアはハロウィーンが終わった途端、クリスマスイルミネーションで輝いて始めまし...
View: 1323 | Nov 12, 2015
Ciao a tutti! 皆さん、こんばんは～ 今日はイタリア人自身迷わせているイタリア語の謎について話したいと思います。 まず、イタリア語の月の名前を復習しま...
View: 1194 | Sep 30, 2015
夏の終わりです。L'estate è finita!
Ciao utenti di Cafetalk! Come state? Avete passato un'estate piacevole? Cafetalkの皆様、お元気ですか？この夏はどうで...