Audrey オードリー's Tutor Profile
Feedback for this tutor
- Feb 23, 2019 Holiday Notice 休暇のお知らせ - Dear students, Please be advised that I will be taking a vacation from March 9-23, 2019 (Canada ...
- Feb 13, 2019 You have a new coupon! - 500 Lessons - Dear students, I am happy to announce that I have completed 500 lessons on Cafetalk. ...
- Feb 9, 2019 New students - Valentine's Day Coupon - Hi everyone, I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day ^_^ ================...
- Jan 13, 2019 You have a new coupon! - Winter coupon 25% off - ============================ Coupon Name: Winter coupon 25% off (New Students Only) Code: 394cec29 ...
- Jan 8, 2019 You have a new coupon! - Free Counseling Lesson for New Students - ============================ Coupon Name: Free Counseling Lesson for New Students (New Students Onl...
Lesson requests can be made after Mar 24, 2019 05:00.
Hi, my name is Audrey. My family and I live in Toronto.
My hobbies are reading, traveling, and studying Japanese, and anything that has to do with fitness and health.
Bachelor of Arts Degree from University of Western Ontario (Canada)
Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
Can Fit Pro (personal training certification)
About My English Lessons
You can improve your spoken English through having casual conversations with me. Topics are flexible. I will correct your mistakes. A lot of times, beginners and intermediate students follow the textbook conversation style. Unfortunately, people don't really talk that way. I can help your English sound more natural and smooth.
Learn by doing
Children are the best English learners in the world. Children learn to speak without textbooks, vocabulary lists, or grammar rules.
Memorizing rules and grammar is good for beginners, but once you have learned basic grammar and built vocabulary, you need to practice speaking to get to the next level. That’s the only way you can be fluent in English. Learning to speak English is like learning to ride a bike, you don’t learn how to ride a bike by watching videos of how to ride a bike or reading a book about the parts of a bike, you learn by doing it. Learning English is the same way.
1. Minimum interruption, valuable corrections
I will not correct you everytime you make a mistake. Continuous corrections does not help you learn English. You will lose confidence and you will not learn anything. Instead, I will pause the conversation from time to time and point out areas you should improve, i.e. pronounciations and grammar mistakes, better vocabulary. This will maximize your speaking time and give you confidence.
2. You speak most of the time
I will ask you questions and lead the conversation in a way that you will speak at least 75% of the time.
3. Real conversations
In our first lesson, I will ask you what topics you would like to talk about. Examples are hobbies, travel, sports, technology, health and fitness, etc.
Experience in Nutrition and Wellness
I have 10 years experience working in a weight loss center, health supplement store and fitness center.
My specialty in Nutrition and Wellness
1. Weight loss through proper eating – Diet doesn’t mean “not eating anything”, and you don’t have to suffer from hunger and feel miserable. We are going to work together on a diet plan that works for you. Weight loss is a difficult journey and I will be with you every step of the way.
2. General health – stress, anxiety, depression
How I can help you
I specialize in helping people lose weight through exercise and nutrition. I am also very good at helping my clients do menu planning, so they know exactly what they should be eating and what they shouldn’t.
Through the use of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and positive lifestyle changes, health problems such as PMS, menopause, stress, anxiety and depression can be treated.
Classes in nutrition and wellness will be conducted in English. Lecture notes in Japanese for "Eating and Emotions, Stress and Anxiety" will be provided upon request.
My Teaching style
Casual, flexible and fun!
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 12hours before lesson start time.→ 50% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
- All Lessons
- Health & Fitness
Improve your vocabulary and get confident in expressing your opinion ...
This lesson is designed to help beginner students (adults and kids) p...
Lesson Pack of 5
Feedback from students (146)
***mondcity7171Today I took the lesson in order to get used to English speaking. Recently I've never spoken English. But the tutor was nice and thoughtful to instruct as usual, and then this allowed me to regain my confidence.Everyday English Conversation 英会話 30 min 30 1,100Feb 20, 2019
***hiko５００レッスン達成、おめでとうございます！♥ どうしてもそれが伝えたくて、またAudrey先生の簡潔明瞭、ソフトで優しい会話が懐かしくて 予約でのレッスンを受講しました。（最近はレッスンの予約がむずかしいです。) たまに出るジョークはほんと、笑ってしまいます:D 会話レッスンですが、簡単な校正もしてくださいました。 どうも有難うございました。Everyday English Conversation 英会話 30 min 30 1,100Feb 20, 2019
|Japanese||Just a few words|
Bachelor of Arts
Natural Nutrition Course Completed
Less than 5 hours
|Last Login: 14 days ago|
View: 130 | Feb 13, 2019
I have completed 500 lessons!
Dear students, I am happy to announce that I have completed 500 lessons on Cafetalk. ...
View: 209 | Dec 10, 2018
1. Do you have to attend the office Christmas dinner?Yes, absolutely.2. Office holiday party ...
View: 222 | Dec 7, 2018
How to congratulate a co-worker on a promotion
Why take the time to congratulate a co-worker for getting a promotion?For starters, it is a nice th...
View: 251 | Nov 23, 2018
Let me introduce you to my town - Richmond Hill in Toronto.
I live in the suburbs of Toronto, in the Town of Richmond Hilll. It has a population of 195,020 (20...
View: 304 | Nov 23, 2018
Black Friday is an informal name for the day following Thanksgiving Day in the US, which is the fou...
View: 208 | Nov 15, 2018
Write a letter to Santa and he will write back!
In Canada, you can actually write a letter to Santa and he will write back! This service ...
View: 310 | Oct 16, 2018
Marijuana will be legal in Canada tomorrow (Oct 17)
I am concerned about the legalisation of marijuana in Canada. Starting October 17, anyone ove...
View: 604 | Oct 10, 2018
Free online English test for English students
I found a website which may be useful for students who are planning to take international English e...
View: 378 | Oct 5, 2018
October is my most favourite month of the year. The weather is getting cooler, the leaves are...
View: 310 | Sep 14, 2018 | 1
What is that stinking smell?
A rare Indonesian plant that only blooms once a decade is stinking up the Toronto Zoo. Th...
View: 333 | Sep 10, 2018
airconditioner - an appliance that cools down the air in a room. avalanche - a dangerous slid...
View: 326 | Sep 4, 2018
Back to school - Tips for parents
Say goodbye to lazy summer. School is starting this week. In Canada, school started on ...