Audrey オードリー's Tutor Profile
Next Available Slot
Nov 21, 2018
Go to Lesson List ↓
This tutor usually accepts requests up to 24 hours before the desired lesson time
Feedback for this tutor
- Nov 12, 2018 You have a new coupon! - 新しいクーポンを発行しました - 15 min Free counseling for new students - ============================ Coupon Name: 新しいクーポンを発行しました - 15 min Free counseling for new students ...
- Nov 4, 2018 You have a new coupon! - New Students - Free 15 min lesson - ============================ Coupon Name: New Students - Free 15 min lesson (New Students Only) Cod...
- Nov 2, 2018 Daylight Saving Time ends November 4 - Dear students, The daylight saving time ends on Sunday November 4. This means there will b...
- Oct 20, 2018 You have a new coupon! - 新しいクーポンを発行しました - Free counseling 15 min for New students - ============================ Coupon Name: 新しいクーポンを発行しました - Free counseling 15 min for New students ...
- Oct 16, 2018 New students - Beginner - You have a new coupon - 50% off! - ============================ Coupon Name: New students - Beginners (New Students Only) Code: 61d0ca...
Hi, my name is Audrey. I live in Toronto. I am married with 3 kids. My husband is Japanese.
My hobbies are reading, traveling, and studying Japanese, and anything that has to do with fitness and health.
I am studying Japanese through Cafetalk right now. I passed JLPT 5 with distinction and am working on JLPT 4.
Bachelor of Arts Degree from University of Western Ontario (Canada)
Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
Can Fit Pro (personal training certification)
About My English Lessons
Learn by doing
Children are the best English learners in the world. Children learn to speak without textbooks, vocabulary lists, or grammar rules.
Memorizing rules and grammar is good for beginners, but once you have learned basic grammar and built vocabulary, you need to practice speaking to get to the next level. That’s the only way you can be fluent in English. Learning to speak English is like learning to ride a bike, you don’t learn how to ride a bike by watching videos of how to ride a bike or reading a book about the parts of a bike, you learn by doing it. Learning English is the same way.
I will not correct you everytime you make a mistake. Continuous corrections does not help you learn English. You will lose confidence and you will not learn anything. Instead, I will pause the conversation from time to time and point out areas you should improve, i.e. pronounciations and grammar mistakes, better vocabulary. This will maximize your speaking time and give you confidence.
I will ask you questions and lead the conversation in a way that you will speak at least 75% of the time.
In our first lesson, I will ask you what topics you would like to talk about. Examples are hobbies, travel, sports, technology, health and fitness, etc.
Experience in Nutrition and Wellness
My specialty in Nutrition and Wellness
1. Weight loss through proper eating – Diet doesn’t mean “not eating anything”, and you don’t have to suffer from hunger and feel miserable. We are going to work together on a diet plan that works for you. Weight loss is a difficult journey and I will be with you every step of the way.
2. General health – stress, anxiety, depression
How I can help you
I specialize in helping people lose weight through exercise and nutrition. I am also very good at helping my clients do menu planning, so they know exactly what they should be eating and what they shouldn’t.
Through the use of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and positive lifestyle changes, health problems such as PMS, menopause, stress, anxiety and depression can be treated.
Classes in nutrition and wellness will be conducted in English. Lecture notes in Japanese for "Eating and Emotions, Stress and Anxiety" will be provided upon request.
My Teaching style
Casual, flexible and fun!
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 12hours before lesson start time.→ 50% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
- All Lessons
- Health & Fitness
Feedback from students (123)
***zukaNorway楽しく会話できました。Thank you!Everyday English Conversation 英会話 45 min 45 1,600Oct 29, 2018
|Japanese||Just a few words|
Bachelor of Arts
Natural Nutrition Course Completed
Less than 4 hours
|Last Login: Less than a day|
View: 33 | Nov 15, 2018
Write a letter to Santa and he will write back!
In Canada, you can actually write a letter to Santa and he will write back! This service ...
View: 70 | Oct 16, 2018
Marijuana will be legal in Canada tomorrow (Oct 17)
I am concerned about the legalisation of marijuana in Canada. Starting October 17, anyone ove...
View: 235 | Oct 10, 2018
Free online English test for English students
I found a website which may be useful for students who are planning to take international English e...
View: 144 | Oct 5, 2018
October is my most favourite month of the year. The weather is getting cooler, the leaves are...
View: 108 | Sep 14, 2018 | 1
What is that stinking smell?
A rare Indonesian plant that only blooms once a decade is stinking up the Toronto Zoo. Th...
View: 128 | Sep 10, 2018
airconditioner - an appliance that cools down the air in a room. avalanche - a dangerous slid...
View: 150 | Sep 4, 2018
Back to school - Tips for parents
Say goodbye to lazy summer. School is starting this week. In Canada, school started on ...
View: 262 | Jul 22, 2018
Foods for healthy, glowing skin
We use different skin care products to maintain or improve the condition of our skin. We wash...
View: 337 | Jul 20, 2018
A relaxing holiday by the lake
I am back from a relaxing three day holiday, feeling invigorated and exhausted at the same time. M...
View: 269 | Jul 11, 2018
Natural Disasters 2018
Natural disasters around the world are occurring at an alarming rate in 2018. Every fe...
View: 202 | Jul 10, 2018
I have completed 250 lessons!
Dear students, I am happy to announce that I have completed 250 lessons. Co...
View: 381 | Jul 3, 2018
Using Double Negatives in English - Dos and don'ts
You may have read in your textbooks that double negatives should be avoided, and there is a good re...